Installing FEBio Studio on Linux
To install FEBio Studio:
- Run the FEBioStudio-#.#.#-linux-x64-installer.run file that you downloaded from febio.org (the # symbols represent your FEBio Studio version number).
- Follow the instructions on the Setup Wizard to finish the installation.
To test that FEBio Studio has been installed correctly, run FEBio Studio in one of the following ways:
- Double-click the binary file FEBioStudio located in the bin directory in your FEBio Studio installation directory.
- If your desktop environment supports .desktop launcher files, the installer will have attempted to register an FEBioStudio.desktop launcher with your system. You should be able to find it by searching your applications in environments such as Gnome or Unity (hit the “Windows” key then type FEBioStudio), or by looking under the Science category in the Applications menu in environments such as KDE, Xfce, or Mate.
- The installer should have added FEBio Studio’s bin directory to your path, so you can launch FEBio Studio by opening a terminal and running FEBioStudio.
If FEBio Studio has been installed correctly, you should see a new FEBio Studio window:
The FEBio Studio installer also installs the latest version of the FEBio solver, and adds its directory to your system’s path. To test that FEBio has been installed correctly:
- Open a terminal.
- Type febio3 into the terminal and hit enter.
If FEBio has been installed correctly, you should see the FEBio greeting message: